Organizational Physics is a proven framework for designing and scaling your business. Lex Sisney has personally helped hundreds of growth businesses around the world—across fintech, manufacturing, healthcare, internet commerce, energy, mobile, consumer goods—to solve the challenges in scaling a business. The approach works and here is a sampling of some typical real-world results:
- A $15M a year venture-backed start-up was struggling with focusing its strategy and attracting new senior leadership. Working with the CEO and leadership team, we put in place a quarterly 1-page strategic execution summary that clarified the strategy, accountabilities, 90-day-, 1-year-, and 3-year-priorities, and the core ideology. We also redesigned the organizational structure, put in place a new management process, and helped to recruit and integrate a VP of Sales and a VP of Operations. Three years later, the company more than tripled its revenues and is on track to hit $100M in sales in 2015. At the same time, the company founder and CEO went from spending 10% of his time in his Genius ZoneTM to spending over 80% of his time in that zone.
- A 5-year-old company had been losing money since its inception. It had a strong culture but was suffering from customer turnover and too many competing priorities, with no way to manage them effectively. In three months we implemented a new go-to-market strategy, restructured the company for clearer accountability, and streamlined the decision-making and product development processes. The result? The company reached cash flow profitability for the first time and is on track to reach $50M in sales and 30% EBITDA this year.
- After Google changed its AdSense algorithm, a 7-year-old international internet company lost 90% of its revenue overnight. Ouch. At the same time, the founder was feeling ready to move on and pursue the next new thing. What did we do? In two months we quickly sold off the business for over six figures, netting a nice profit. Then we launched an entirely new business that the founder is truly passionate about. That new business is off and running and, although still small in revenue, it is making significant industry waves with its thought leadership and its endorsements from early adopter clients. Stay tuned.
- A 9-year-old venture-backed software-as-a-service (SAAS) firm with $10.5M in sales in 2013 was stalled in its expansion strategy. Sales were growing but not nearly fast enough. After six months of searching, the company was 0 for 3 on making critical key hires including a Director of Engineering, a COO, and a VP of Marketing. The board was getting impatient and making rumblings about replacing the founding team. The founders themselves were feeling ambivalent about the business. In three months, we realigned the founding team and helped them rediscover their original passion. We created a new environment for faster execution and uncovered the real market opportunity. The result? The company found and hired three new A+ executives and its momentum is accelerating. Its forecast is to more than double sales in the coming year.
- In 2012, the regulatory market changed radically on a $35M Inc. 500 Fastest Growing CompanyTM. Using the the Strategic Execution Coaching Program, we identified and executed on a new pivot strategy. While its two largest competitors went bankrupt, our client had their most successful quarter ever. In addition, the founder freed himself up significantly from his old role of managing daily operations to his new role of creating new marketing campaigns and developing new markets (two things that he loves to do and add the most enterprise value to the business).
- In 2015, a $30M medical device manufacturer engaged Organizational Physics. The company was having a hard time making the leap from a founder-led organization to a well-coordinated execution machine with multiple global offices. One year later, with the founder operating still as CEO but now much more in his Genius Zone and with the a structure and management process to support it, the company doubled in size to $60M. At the same time, it increased its operating profit margin and management capacity. Soon after, it received a $240M+ buyout offer, scoring a very high return for its shareholders.
- A 20-year old software company had gone through a very challenging period and sales were flat. Its legacy product quality had suffered as a result. At the same time, the market was changing and it had to innovate to capture a closing market window. We clarified the strategy, put in place a new structure and management process, and built a new product management system. Within nine months, the company had transformed its product quality on its legacy product to meet client expectations. Simultaneously, the company scoped and launched a new innovative product that sets it up for success for the next generation. Revenues were up 18% within 12 months. More importantly, the culture has pride and is excited for the future.
What Other CEOs are Saying:
“Lex is a trusted and wise counselor who has found a way to apply the laws of thermodynamics to any business or organization. His framework is like an efficient machine code that is useful in any environment. Lex has helped us simplify our organizational structure, dramatically improve intra-company communication, and operate more effectively. Perhaps most importantly, Lex has helped us to find better ways to serve clients. This has contributed to a near doubling of revenue and company size in 12 months.”
– Michael Chambers, CEO, Aldevron
“The results of collaborating with Organizational Physics have been transformational. We have a much flatter organization with a highly energized management team. We executed “entropy reduction projects” that greatly increased the quality of our products and responsiveness to our customers. We also redefined the markets for our products from a $60M niche market to a $300M+ market with potential for further growth. Lex has a unique blend of experience, critical thinking, tools and boundless energy. If you want to grow your business, energize your people, build a great culture and have fun while doing it, then I highly endorse and recommend Lex Sisney.”
– Bob Reback, CEO, Cimetrix
“As a leader, is your team organized and aligned to perform optimally for your company? Are your key players in a structure where they can succeed for themselves and for you? Do they want to? Does everyone know the game plan, how they fit into that plan, and how to succeed as an organization? Lex and Organizational Physics will give you a proven framework to optimize your company and ensure that you can execute more seamlessly and powerfully to achieve your goals faster and get results you previously only dreamed of. Don’t take chances. Don’t learn the hard way. You don’t have time. Get the answers that have helped hundreds of leaders worldwide improve the performance and happiness of their organizations from a proven innovator who gets real results with real companies like yours everyday.”
– Justin Bellante, CEO, BioIQ
“Lex offers great strategic guidance and an outside perspective that helped move my organization to the next level. Lex led an executive team offsite for my company in 2015 and also worked with me in advance to help guide me in refining my vision and goals for the company. During the offsite, the team was given the opportunity to assess our current competitive, operational, innovative and financial situation. It was a safe place for them to voice their opinions and an unusual chance for me to hear candid input. From there, the team worked together, with the help of Lex’s well thought out process, to decide what our priorities would be moving forward. We also created a new structure, metrics, and an improved decision making process. The result was a plan that was clear and the team was committed to making it happen. We did it again in 2016 to hone our skills and further build our team. The model works! The company has since grown more than 30% and our culture has never been stronger.”
– Jean Thompson, CEO, Seattle Chocolates
“Lex provides insight and guidance that you could only get from someone who’s walked in a CEO’s shoes. His method, Organizational Physics, is a no-nonsense approach to building a solid structure that allows for scalability and success. All you need is a business with potential and Lex will provide you with the tools your company needs to get to the next level and beyond.”
– Kelly Foy, CEO, Elite Meetings International, Inc.
“Working with Lex is making a HUGE difference in the growth of my business. He has developed powerful frameworks to view the entire business lifecycle that are extremely practical. I am able to move much faster, make decisions quickly and chart both near and long term because of our work. Lex is a great compass and sounding board. Lex is an extremely accomplished Entrepreneur and very humble, a combination that I admire immensely. I am grateful for the opportunity to have Lex as a trusted advisor/friend/mentor and coach.”
– Seth Epstein, Emmy Award-Winning Producer and CEO of LosYork
“Lex, in seven months of executive coaching with you I have added an equivalent of $87 million in assets under management, and increased billable fees by 40%. I have discovered where my power comes from and experience more confidence, clarity, and an ability to view my life almost constantly in a positive way. Our engagement has been successful beyond my imagination, and I could not have achieved any of that success without your guidance. Thank you.”
– Kelly Smith, CEO, Certis Capital Management, Inc.
“In the midst of our pursuits, we too often fail to step back and ask obvious but important questions. What really am I trying to accomplish? How do I define success? Where am I expending energy and not seeing a return? Organizational Physics helps answer those questions by providing a framework for breaking down your business (and life) to its functional core. In a wonderful marriage of Eastern and Western philosophies, science and art, Lex’s revelatory approach allows you to assess your circumstances and take decisive action. It is impossible not to reap massive rewards from spending time with Lex – and, having worked with him, I can say without fear of overstatement that humanity would benefit if everyone followed the principles he puts forth.”
– Ophir Tanz, CEO, GumGum
“The Organizational Physics model, and Lex’s coaching through it, helped me to understand how to match our product with the right customers and the right internal resources. This enabled me to build consensus at a challenging time, while winning some key deals through a product repositioning. Lex was always helpful and positive. His experience as a CEO really made a difference. He usually understood my perspective quickly and accurately. I will always keep Lex’s tools in my toolkit.”
– Ed Stevens, CEO, Shopatron
“When leading an Inc. 5000 fastest growing company, you know the importance of hiring the right people. The steps Lex describes in How to Think About Hiring, combined with the assessments contained within the PSIU Talent Management Suite, have helped us revolutionize our hiring process. The results, when compared to our earlier methods, are tremendous. We’re clear on the type of person that would be most successful in the new role. We then use the report as a guide for doing a deep dive in our interview process. This is helping us ensure that the people we hire are both successful and happy in their new positions. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a game changer.”
– Jeremy Ames, President, Guidant Financial
“Lex has a unique gift to explain complex ideas and relationships in a way that is spot on! His approach enables you and all your managers to build a mental map of your organization’s needs, strengths and opportunities, which then enable you to draft the right person given that environment. It will empower your team with a greater sense of awareness and purpose to find and hire talent that will positively transform the organization. These principles transcend all aspects of my life and all companies I serve. It would be impossible for me to exaggerate the positive impact it has had on our success. If you are building a company, team, career, or family open your mind, fasten your seatbelt. I promise you will be blown away by the results!”
– Pat Cua, Chairman, BioIQ
“When it comes to organizational structure and design, Lex is both guru and a sherpa! What do I mean? After leading the successful merger of two of the leading companies in our industry, I knew that I needed some help integrating two different companies and cultures into one and to supercharge our overall growth. Lex is a leading thinker on organizational structure and design and helped my entire team to see the need and benefit of changing how we operate in a new reality (the guru). Then he helped us to integrate the new structure, roles, and management processes and make it all work well together (the sherpa). The result is that we now have one integrated company and culture that is executing more quickly on its strategy. We could not have done it nearly as fast or as well without Lex’s guidance.”
Vicki Kroviak, CEO, Monte Nido & Affiliates
Schedule A Consultation
To learn if one of our programs is right for you, schedule an introductory call. During the call we’ll discuss your needs, answer your questions, and jointly determine if the program is a good fit for you. To schedule your call, complete the form below: